Internal Programs, Events & Camps

Internal programs, events and camps (PECs) are those booked, managed, staffed, and otherwise supported by a Mason department, student organization, academic unit, or other organization with a Mason index/org code. The advantages of booking as an internal organization include use of programmable space for free or at a reduced cost, reduced rates for various support services, coverage by Mason’s insurance polices, and so on. To claim internal status all PECs are required to abide by University cash handling, space utilization, building access, and other policies found here:

Internal events are those booked, managed, and staffed by Mason organizations with a University organization code. All funds for a PEC must be run through this organization code to comply with University cash handling policy.

Athletics A schedule of Programs, Events, and Camps hosted by Athletics can be found here. For more information contact the camp director at 703.993.3458
Camp EOP All PECs are urged to complete a Camp Emergency Plan using the attached template
Environmental Health and Safety
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) has several resources available including the Temporary Structure Guide and Temporary Structure Permit Application, that allows events to set up tents, stages and other temporary structures. They offer fire extinguisher training, crowd management guidance, and have an approval process for those PECs that need EHS to approve their PEC.
Human Resources
Human Resources conducts background checks for PECs affiliated with Mason. There is a fee for this service. For more information go here and click on the links under Camps and Enrichment Programs.
Emergency Alerts PECs seeking to sign up for Mason emergency alerts may do so here
Parking Services Programs, Events, and Camps hosting off campus visitors need to arrange for the visitors’ parking needs. Moreover, if a PEC will be using busses or using drop off and pickup points for PEC attendees at Mason they must coordinate these efforts through Parking Services. More information here:
A Special Event Validation Request is available here:

Click here
ITS Wireless Access Programs, Events, and Camps hosting visitors often seek wireless access to Mason networks for their guests. Information about this access can be found here
Housing Programs, Events, and Camps seeking overnight accommodations at Mason should contact Housing and Residence Life here
Food Service Programs, Events, and Camps that intend to use Dining Services various for walk-in meal options in the Johnson Center, Merten Hall, and elsewhere around Mason need to coordinate their plans with Dining Services so that several PECs do not show up at the same venue at the same time. This can greatly increase wait times.

Please contact Resident Dining General Manager Daphne Miles at or 703.993.3407 or Operations Manager Mark Arnold to coordinate meal needs.
Risk Management Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety have processes in place to protect those attending Programs, Events, and Camps being held on campus, that abide by Commonwealth and Mason policies, and that manage risk and liability. Those internal clients seeking to host a PEC need to go to this link and compete the forms under ‘Internally (Mason) Operated Programs.
University Events University Events is charged with scheduling space for programs, events, and camps seeking to use University programmable space and, for a fee, can provide other support services, including taking care of many of the steps shown below. To initiate a scheduling request use the link to the left.


Contact Buz Grover, Programs & Camps Administrator