Become an Approved Caterer
George Mason University is happy to partner with some great catering establishments in local area to provide dynamic service to our community. Please review and complete the process outlined below to become one of our approved caterers.
All caterers or restaurants applying for Approved Caterer status must complete the following steps:
- Ensure that your business is a registered eVA vendor in good standing (click here for guidance on becoming an eVA vendor)
- Read and agree to Letter to Prospective Caterers (pdf)
- Complete and submit the Caterer Approval Form (online)
Within the Caterer Approval Form, you can upload the following documents or email these documents to email@example.com within 30 days of form submission.
- License Agreement (pdf)
- W-9 (pdf)
- Copy of current business license
- Last food safety inspection report
- Certificate of Insurance for a minimum of $1,000,000 and naming the “George Mason University Board of Visitors, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers” as additional insureds
Submitting Application Materials
All materials above can be submitted in several ways:
- Attach to the Caterer Approval Form using the upload form features embedded in the form
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 703-993-2850 to the attention of Mark Kraner, Executive Director, Retail Operations
- Mail to:
Executive Director, Retail Operations
Merten Hall, Room 3200
George Mason University
4400 University Dr. MSN 4A1
Fairfax, VA 22030
Expect the approval process to take up to two weeks after receiving all required information and documents. All documentation will be reviewed by the Executive Director of Retail Operations. The signed license agreement and Caterer Approval form will be sent to you with the decision notated at the bottom of the Caterer Approval Form.
Please contact Auxiliary Enterprises at email@example.com or 703-993-2840.