Auxiliary Enterprises, which manages shopMason, strives to enrich and enhance each student’s experience while providing exceptional services and financially sound operations to the university community. Auxiliary Enterprises works diligently to support the University’s mission by providing to the campus and extended communities innovative services through strategic business partnerships that continuously improves value and enhances the overall experience of our students.
Our Auxiliary Enterprises operation is an entity that exists to furnish goods and services that benefit students, faculty, staff and visitors. Auxiliary Enterprises is non-academic in nature and acts mostly as a contractual/commission entity. Revenue is produced by charging a contractually agreed base rate and/or commission for the rental of space or for providing other services.
The mission of Auxiliary Enterprises is to improve quality of life on campus for all students and staff. Auxiliary Enterprises supports the university strategic plan by providing innovative services and strategic business partnerships that improve value, increase student success, and enhance financial condition.
Who We Are
- We provide contract administration for third-party service providers, including Apple FCU, Canteen, Coca-Cola, Monumental Sports, and Sodexo.
- We manage retail operations on campus.
- We provide facilities management for EagleBank Arena, Mason Dining, and Student Centers.
- We provide innovative services to improve campus life for students, staff and community.
- We provide the university with financial support and students with scholarships.
- We provide financial budgeting and planning, and capital planning support to other auxiliary units, such as Housing and Campus Access.
- We manage self-operating units that provide services, including camps, the Mason Card Office, and Print Services.